Sunday, January 8, 2012

My First Video!


My very first video, yay!! :)  Go easy on me....  I know the video quality isn't the best, and please excuse the slight winding noise in the background. While recording I found out my camera has this weird glitch - apparently it makes this winding noise when it focuses and refocuses, which it does quite often. I tried lessening the winding noise by keeping the focus point in the same general area, but some refocusing by the camera was inevitable. For those who might ask or think 'have you tried using your phone video camera'? Answer - yes, and the quality of the image and sharpness was definitely not as good as my Fuji camera. I'm also considering putting them on Youtube, but that's another story.

They say a picture can say a thousand words, but a video can really make an item 'come to life'. Seems like no matter how many different angles and distances I use to take my pictures, everyone always says actually seeing the jewelry in person really makes a difference. Of course a video won't let you touch it or try it on. But... you can see how it hangs, see a lot more of the angles and textures, different color nuances, and so much more that a picture just doesn't always seem to be able to grab.

I realize this first video attempt might not be professional quality or have the best content yet... but it's a good start and still a work in progress. And I just thought how fun it would be to try adding a recording in addition to some of the pictures I put up, to add a little more excitement to the jewelry and the blog - and a button bracelet is a good start because it tends to have a little more movement and jangle. And how much more fun it is to watch a cute little video than several pictures. I'll still continue posting the pictures - I've had many compliments on them and am often asked what photography company do I use (me!). But if the videos go over well and I have enough interest in them, I'll start including videos of my newest creations along with the pictures. Since this is a jewelry blog, I might even start adding videos of different ideas or projects, and even newest bead purchases or wish lists I have going on - and whatever else I can think of, time allowing, that would be fun and make coming to Cara's Creations blog a better experience. So let me know whatcha think of the video and my video ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment